Step 1: Created a new IAM user for the user
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the IAM console
- In the navigation pane, choose Users and then choose Add users.
- Follow below screenshots
IMPORTANT: This is your only opportunity to view or download the secret access keys, and you must provide this information to your users before they can use the AWS API. Save the user’s new access key ID and secret access key in a safe and secure place. You will not have access to the secret keys again after this step.
Step 2: Create Git credentials for HTTPS connections to CodeCommit
- In the IAM console, in the navigation pane, choose Users, and from the list of users, choose your IAM user.
2. On the user details page, choose the Security Credentials tab, and in HTTPS Git credentials for AWS CodeCommit, choose Generate
3. Click on “Show” to Show Password
Important This is your only chance to save the user name and password. If you do not save them, you can copy the user name from the IAM console, but you cannot look up the password. You must reset the password and then save it.